Chicken Cheese Potlis are an ideal snack to be served at parties. The stuffing of chicken and cheese, mildly spiced with chilly sauce and black pepper makes it a delicious starter. Moreover, these chicken potlis look very appealing to the eyes. Here’s the recipe:
For the outer covering
1 cup Maida
Salt as per taste
4 tsp oil
Water to knead the dough
For the stuffing
200 grams boneless chicken, chopped into tiny pieces
1 cup chopped spring onion including greens
2 tsp oil
1 tbsp garlic paste
a tsp of green chilly sauce
1 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp black pepper powder
½ cup grated cheese
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying the potlis
- In a mixing bowl, add maida, salt and oil.
- Mix it well with your hands.
- Then add water, little at a time and knead to make a smooth dough.
- Keep this covered for atleast 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add garlic paste. Saute for few seconds.
- Add the chopped chicken and salt.
- Cook covered till the chicken is cooked.
- Keep this aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add chopped spring onion and saute till they turn soft.
- Now add the boiled chicken.
- Add green chilly sauce, soya sauce, black pepper powder, salt and give it a good mix.
- Turn off the flame and allow this mixture to cool completely.
- After it cools completely, add grated cheese and mix.
- Divide the dough into small balls.
- Keep aside one dough ball to make thin strips to tie around the neck of the potlis.
- Roll the remaining dough balls into medium sized discs.
- Place a small portion of chicken stuffing in the centre and give the shape of a potli.
- Seal by pressing them.
- Make thin strips of the dough ball (which was kept aside) and carefully tie around the neck of the potli and gently press to secure the potli. (Watch the recipe video given below for better understanding)
- Heat oil for frying the potlis.
- Deep fry the chicken cheese potlis and serve with any sauce or chutney of your choice.
I have tied thin strips of spring onion greens around the neck of the potlis to enhance its looks.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO:
Also, have a look at the following snack recipes