Chicken Shami Kebab are pan fried delicate kebabs. They are made with ground chicken, chana dal (split bengal gram) and spices. It makes an excellent starter.
500 gm boneless chicken, cut into cubes
1 tbsp Ginger and garlic (chopped)
2 tsp Cumin seeds
2 tsp Coriander seeds
2 to 3 Cloves (laung)
3 to 4 Black pepper
a small piece Cinnamon
2 Green chillies (chopped)
1 Onion (chopped)
1/3 cup chana dal (soaked for at least 4 hours)
1 potato peeled and cubed
1 tsp garam masala
1 cup fresh coriander (chopped)
1/2 cup Mint leaves
1 tbsp Besan (gram flour)
1 to 2 tbsp Breadcrumbs
1 tbsp Lemon juice
Oil – for frying
- In a pan, take the boneless chicken cubes, chopped ginger, garlic, chillies, whole spices, onion, potato and little water and cook it on a slow flame until the chicken and the rest of the ingredients are cooked.
- There should be no water left.
- Allow this mixture to cool completely.
- Grind the mixture until smooth.
- To this mixture, add the besan, garam masala, egg, lemon juice, bread crumbs, chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Mix it well.
- Shape them into circular kebabs and shallow fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with mint chutney.