Thai curry is an important part of Thai cuisine. There are three different types of Thai curries – red, green and yellow, which are named so, because of the colour of the curry. The basic ingredients for a delicious thai curry are the curry paste and coconut milk. Chicken Thai Green Curry is a flavorful curry made with thai green curry paste, coconut milk, chicken and capsicum. This coconut milk gravy with the flavours of lemon grass, galangal, basil leaves, when paired with jasmine rice or steamed basmati rice is an absolute delight. Here goes the recipe for Chicken Thai Green Curry.
200 gram boneless chicken, cut into medium sized cubes
1 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp oil
6 tbsp thai green curry paste
1 cup of red, green and yellow capsicum cubes
1 ½ cups of thin coconut milk
1 cup of thick coconut milk
1 kaffir lime leaf
½ cup of thai basil leaves
salt as per taste
- Wash the chicken cubes and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, soya sauce and ginger garlic paste.
- Mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add the green curry paste.
- Saute for a minute.
- Move the sautéed paste to one corner of the pan.
- Next, add the marinated chicken in the centre of the pan and saute for few minutes.
- Mix the chicken with curry paste and saute till the chicken is partially cooked.
- Now, add the capsicum (red, green and yellow) cubes.
- Saute and cook for few minutes.
- Add salt as per taste and mix.
- Next, add 1 ½ cups of thin coconut milk and mix.
- Cook on a low flame.
- Tear kaffir lime leaf, basil leaves into pieces and add into the curry.
- Bring the curry to a boil.
- Now, stir in the thick coconut milk.
- Give it a mix and cook for few seconds on low flame.
- Chicken Thai green curry is ready to be served.
- Serve hot with jasmine rice or steamed basmati rice.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO :