Flax seeds chutney – a nutritious chutney powder
Flax seeds contain a lot of nutrients and are rich source of omega-3 fatty acids. They are known to lower bad cholesterol and is beneficial for skin and bone health. Hence it is recommended to include flax seeds in our diet. Roasted flax seeds can be powdered and added to smoothies, salads and soups. This is the easiest way to consume flax seeds. Flax seeds can also be used to make mukhwas (mouth freshner), laddoos, chutneys etc.
Today, I am here with a recipe of flax seeds chutney. This is a dry chutney powder which can be
- served with bhakris,
- added to curds
- served with hot rice mixed with ghee
- mixed with ghee and served with idlis.
So, let us have a look at the recipe for Flax seeds chutney.
½ cup flax seeds (alsi)
2 tbsp sesame seeds (til)
1 tbsp coriander seeds (dhaniya)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
3 dry red chillies (sookhi laal mirch)
2 tbsp grated dry coconut (sookha nariyal)
2 cloves of garlic (lehsun)
a marble sized ball of tamarind (imli)
salt as per taste (namak)
- Heat a pan.
- Add flax seeds.
- Dry roast the flax seeds on low flame for 4 to 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, roast sesame seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, red chillies, grated coconut, one by one.
- Allow the roasted ingredients to cool completely.
- Transfer the roasted ingredients to a mixer jar.
- Add garlic, tamarind and salt.
- Blend to a coarse powder.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Serve as required.
- This chutney powder can be stored in the refrigerator upto 1 month.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: