Gajar Matar Sabzi is a simple, delicious and healthy sabzi which goes well with rotis. Carrot and green peas make for a good combination. Served with hot rotis, it gives you a sense of complete well being. Here’s the recipe for Carrot Green Peas Sabzi.
4 carrots (peeled and cubed)
2 cups green peas
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
Few curry leaves
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 onion (chopped)
½ tomato (chopped)
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
½ tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin coriander powder
Salt as per taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- When the seeds start crackling, add the chopped garlic and chopped onion.
- Saute it for few seconds.
- Add the chopped tomato and saute for few seconds.
- Add the chopped carrots and green peas. Mix well.
- Add salt and cook covered for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, garam masala, cumin-coriander powder and mix well.
- Cook covered for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve Gajar Matar Sabzi with rotis.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO
Also, have a look at the following sabzi recipes: