Moong Dal Methi Sabzi – a simple, nutritious, everyday kind of sabzi.
There are some days when you want to have simple food like dal chawal or simple roti sabzi, especially when you are back from a vacation or if you have been eating too much of outside food. Moong Dal Methi Sabzi is a sabzi for one of those days .
Moong Dal Methi Sabzi is a simple yet nutritious and tasty sabzi made with split green gram and fenugreek leaves. Here’s the recipe.
1 cup Moong dal (split green gram)
2 cups Chopped methi leaves (fenugreek leaves)
2 to 3 cloves garlic
3 to 4 curry leaves
2 green chillies (broken into large pieces)
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp oil
2 tbsp fresh coconut (grated)
Salt as per taste
- Wash and soak moong dal in water for 3 to 4 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds.
- When the seed starts crackling, add the curry leaves, chopped garlic, green chillies and saute for a minute.
- Add the chopped onion and saute till it changes colour.
- Now add the soaked moong dal and saute.
- Cook covered for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the chopped methi leaves, salt and mix.
- Let it cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add grated fresh coconut. Mix it well.
- Allow it to cook on slow flame for a minute.
- Serve hot with rotis.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO
Do have a look at the following sabzi recipes:
Thank you for stopping by. If you like/ tried this recipe, leaving a comment below the post will enable more readers and cooking enthusiasts to discover these recipes. Also, if you are on Instagram, do share a picture of the dish and tag @vanitascorner to be featured in my stories.