Ghee Roast recipes are a huge favourite in my family, be it Chicken, Prawns, Paneer, Mushroom or Egg Ghee roast. Once a fortnight, I make a ghee roast dish. Hence, it becomes very convenient to have a ghee roast powder readily available instead of making the ghee roast masala from scratch. With the ghee roast powder handy, it doesn’t take long to whip up a ghee roast dish.
Ghee Roast Powder is made by roasting and blending few handpicked spices. This powder has a good shelf life and can be stored at room temperature. Here is the recipe for Ghee Roast Powder:
15 Kashmiri or Byadgi Chillies (Laal mirch)
25 Pandi or Guntur Chillies (laal mirch)
½ cup coriander seeds (dhaniya)
1 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
2 tsp fennel seeds (sauf)
2 tsp black peppercorns (kali mirch)
20 fenugreek seeds (methi)
10 cloves (laung)
1 inch cinnamon (dalchini)
1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
½ tsp oil (tel)
- Heat ½ tsp oil in a pan.
- Add dry red chillies.
- Saute on low flame till the chillies turn crisp.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Next, roast all the spices (except turmeric powder), one by one on low flame till they turn aromatic .
- Allow the roasted spices to cool down.
- Transfer the roasted spices to a mixer jar.
- Blend to a fine powder.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Store Ghee Roast Powder in an airtight jar and use as required.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO:
How to use Ghee Roast powder in various recipes ?
Click here to see the recipes using ghee roast powder.