This lemon pickle is very easy to make and can be made within minutes as compared to the traditional recipe which takes several days to prepare. The flavours of the homemade pickle is any day better than the store bought pickles. So, give this a try as it is very simple to make and gets done in no time.
2 tsp Red chilly powder
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Roasted methi seeds powder
1 tbsp Salt
2 tbsp Lemon juice
2 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Mustard
½ tsp Asafoetida (hing)
- Pressure cook the lemons with 1 cup of water for 4 to 5 whistles.
- Once the steam escapes fully, remove the lemons from the pressure cooker and discard the water.
- Take the lemons in mixing bowl and cut the lemons into pieces in the bowl itself so that the lemon juice falls into the bowl.
- Discard the lemon seeds.
- Now, add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, roasted methi seeds powder, salt, lemon juice and mix it well.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan for tempering.
- Add mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds start spluttering, pour the oil on the pickle and mix it well.
- This pickle may taste a little bitter initially for two days.
- But after two days, the bitterness disappears.
If you like pickles, do check the recipe of Instant Mango Pickle