This is a delectable mango pickle which can be made instantly. When you want to make a small quantity of pickle, this instant mango pickle recipe comes to your rescue. You don’t need to marinate the mangoes for days together as in the traditional method of making pickles. You can make a small quantity of this pickle and consume it in a week’s time.
2 raw mangoes
1 tbsp salt
½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp red chilly powder
2 tbsp roasted fennel powder (saunf powder)
2 tbsp roasted cumin powder (jeera powder)
3 tbsp oil
- Wash and cut the mangoes into long strips.
- Mix the mango strips with salt and leave aside for 1 hour.
- After an hour, discard the mango water.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the mango strips with asafoetida, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, roasted fennel powder, roasted cumin powder and oil.
- Serve immediately or store the mango pickle refrigerated for upto a week.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO
If you liked this instant mango pickle recipe, you would love to have a look at the instant lemon pickle recipe here.