Lasooni corn palak is a delicious sabzi made with spinach and corn. Palak with sweet corn is a good combination and the garlic in this recipe adds a nice flavour to the gravy. Try this flavourful and colourful sabzi today. Here goes the recipe:
1 big bunch Palak (Spinach)
1 cup boiled corn kernels
2 Onions (finely chopped)
Garlic (finely chopped) 15 cloves
2 Green chillies, finely chopped
1 tsp Chilly powder
¾ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Cumin-coriander powder
1 tsp Garam masala
1 dry red chilly
2 tbsp oil plus 1 tbsp oil for the tempering
Salt as per taste
- Wash spinach in cold water.
- Boil 3 cups of water in a pan.
- Add spinach leaves to the boiling water and keep in the boiled water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain water from spinach.
- Dip the spinach in cold water (to retain the dark green colour).
- Blend the blanched leaves to a smooth puree. Keep it aside.
- Blend the tomato to a smooth puree and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic (12 cloves of garlic) and saute till the garlic changes its colour.
- Add chopped onions and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add chopped green chillies and saute.
- Add the tomato puree.
- When the onion and tomatoes have cooked well, add the palak puree, chilly powder, turmeric powder, cumin-coriander powder, garam masala, salt and mix well.
- Cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the boiled corn kernels, mix it and cook for another 2 minutes.
- In a small pan heat 1 tbsp oil and add the remaining chopped garlic and saute.
- Add the dry red chilly.
- Saute till the garlic is fried well.
- Add the garlic chilly tempering to the palak corn gravy.
- Serve hot with rotis.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO