Methi Namakpare is a crunchy savoury snack made with refined flour, dried fenugreek leaves and spices. It makes for a great snack with a cup of hot tea.
2 cups of Refined flour (Maida)
¼ cup of semolina (Rava)
2 tbsp clarified butter (Ghee )
1 tsp red Chilly powder (laal mirch)
1 tbsp carom seeds (ajwain)
2 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi )
Salt as per taste (namak)
Oil for frying
- Heat the ghee and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl add maida, rava and hot ghee. Mix using a spoon.
- Add carom seeds, kasuri methi, red chilly powder, salt and mix well using your fingers.
- Add water, little at a time and knead into a smooth dough.
- Keep this dough aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, divide the dough into medium / large balls.
- Roll out each dough ball into a large roti.
- Cut into diamond shaped pieces.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the namakparas till they are golden brown in colour.
- Cool and store in air-tight container.
- Serve as and when required.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: