Finger millet | Ragi is one of the most nutritious and healthy cereals. It has high protein content and rich in minerals. Owing to its nutritive properties, it is advisable to include ragi in our diet. There are host of dishes that can be made using ragi. Some of them are dosas, Parathas, laddoos, rotis etc. Today, let us see how to make Finger millet rotis | ragi rotis. They pair excellently with Masoor usal, Malvani Vataana usal, Drumstick curry, Stuffed Brinjal etc. Lets have a look at the recipe :
1 cup finger millet flour (nachni/ ragi aata)
a cup of water
Salt as per taste
- Heat 1 cup water in a pan.
- Let the water boil.
- When the water starts boiling, add ragi flour into it.
- Keep stirring till the flour absorbs all the water and forms a lump.
- Add salt and mix with the flour.
- Turn off the heat.
- Cover the pan and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, when the ragi mixture is still warm, knead it to a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into small balls.
- Take a dough ball.
- Dust it with ragi flour.
- Roll it into medium sized roti.
- Heat a pan. Place the roti on the hot pan.
- Cook the roti from both sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough balls.
- Serve hot with any vegetarian/ non-vegetarian gravy of your choice.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO :