Idli chaat is an interesting combination of South Indian idlis and North Indian chaat.
Idli Chaat is an excellent snack made with leftover idlis. After having idlis for breakfast, I had a few left. Coincidentally, I also had green chutney and tamarind (sweet) chutney in the refrigerator. So, these leftover idlis got made into a delicious chaat for the evening snack. It tastes as delicious as any other chaat. Here goes the recipe for Idli chaat:
Written recipe is as follows:
5 to 6 leftover Idlis
½ cup curds (dahi)
1 tsp powdered sugar (pisi hui cheeni)
a pinch of salt (namak)
¼ cup green chutney (hari chutney)
¼ cup sweet chutney (meethi chutney)
1 tsp black salt (kala namak)
1 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
1 tsp red chilli powder (laal mirch)
¼ cup thin sev
chopped coriander for garnishing
pomegranate seeds (anaar ) for garnishing
Oil for frying the idlis (tel)
- Firstly cut the idlis into small bite sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the idlis. Keep them aside.
- In a bowl, add the curds. Add powdered sugar and salt. Whisk well and keep aside.
- Now, arrange the fried idlis on serving plates.
- In each plate, you can arrange 8 to 10 pieces of fried idlis.
- Top it with few spoons of sweetened curds.
- Add green chutney as per taste.
- Add sweet chutney as per taste.
- Sprinkle black salt, chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, red chilli powder over it.
- Now sprinkle few teaspoons of sev over it.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and pomegranate seeds.
- Idli chaat is ready to be served.