Neer dosa is a delicacy from the Mangalorean cuisine. ‘Neer’ in Tulu* language means ‘water’ and so Neer Dosa literally means Water Dosa . It is a non-fermented dosa which needs minimum ingredients. In Mangalore, it is popularly served with chicken curry or chutney or a mixture of coconut and jaggery. Here’s the recipe:
(* Tulu : Language spoken by people in the south west part of Karnataka.)
3 cups Rice
2 to 3 cups or add as required Water
Salt as per taste
Oil for making dosas
- Wash and Soak rice in water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Transfer the soaked rice to a mixer jar and blend to a fine paste.
- Add 2 to 3 cups of water or more to the rice batter till you obtain a pouring consistency.
- Heat a non stick pan.
- Drizzle few drops of oil on the pan.
- Pour a ladleful of batter on the pan in a manner that the batter is evenly spread on the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook till the dosa is done.
- Don’t flip it. Make a fold on the pan itself.
- Once the dosa is done, do not stack them one over the other when they are hot as they tend to stick to each other.
- Serve with green chutney.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO :