Nolen Gurer Mishti Doi – Sweet Curds made with milk and date palm jaggery.
Nolen Gurer Mishti Doi is a popular Bengali dessert. It is a fermented sweet yoghurt made with milk and nolen gurer (date palm jaggery).
4 cups Milk
2 tbsp Date palm jaggery
1 tsp curd
Recipe for plain curds click here
- Heat a pan.
- Add 4 cups of milk.
- Boil stirring occasionally till milk becomes thick and reduces to half its quantity.
- Allow the milk to cool slightly.
- When the milk is still warm, add the jaggery to the milk and mix well till the jaggery dissolves.
- Add the curd and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into clay pots and keep in a warm place to set for 7 to 8 hours.
- Serve chilled.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: