Rice is one ingredient which finds its way into everyone’s palate in some form or the other. Be it an accompaniment, a main dish or a dessert, it makes its presence felt at the dining table in more ways than one. The number of dishes that can be made from rice is just amazing. One such rice dish is Palak rice. …a flavourful preparation with the goodness of spinach and green peas in it. This makes for a good lunch box recipe.
1 cup cooked rice
1 tsp ghee
2 cups chopped spinach leaves
1 to 2 green chillies
1 inch piece ginger
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp cumin seeds
¼ cup choppd onions
½ cup boiled green peas
Salt as per taste
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pan.
- Add the chopped spinach leaves.
- After 2 minutes remove the blanched leaves and drop it into a bowl of cold water (This is done to retain the dark green colour of the spinach) .
- Combine the blanched spinach leaves, garlic, ginger, green chillies and blend to a fine paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds and chopped onions.
- Saute till the onion starts changing colour.
- Add the spinach paste and saute.
- Add the boiled green peas and salt.
- Mix everything well.
- Add the cooked rice and mix.
- Serve hot with boondi raita.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO