Jeera rice is a simple, flavourful rice preparation, which can be served with dal, any vegetable curry, chicken or mutton curry or just plain curds and pickle. Making jeera rice in a microwave is very convenient especially when you are running short of time. Here goes the recipe:
1 cup Basmati rice (basmati chawal)
2 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
1 tbsp clarified butter(ghee)
2 cups of Water (paani)
Salt as per taste (namak)
- Wash rice and soak in water for around 15 minutes.
- Take a microwave safe bowl.
- Put ghee in it and add jeera.
- Cook uncovered, on high for 30 seconds.
- Add rice, salt and 2 cups of water and mix it well.
- Microwave uncovered, on high for 15 minutes.
- Cook covered for another 5 minutes.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Jeera rice is ready to serve.