Pomfret fry is an easy but great side dish with simple dal chawal . It makes for an excellent appetizer when served with sliced onion and lemon wedges.This recipe can be put together in a matter of few minutes as you just have to marinate the fish with spice powders, coat it with rava, rice flour mixture and fry. Here’s the recipe:
6 Slices of Pomfret
1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
2 tbsp red chilly powder (laal mirch)
2 tbsp lemon juice (nimbu ka ras)
1 to 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste (adrak lehsun paste)
Salt as per taste (namak)
2 tbsp semolina (rava)
2 tbsp rice flour (chawal ka aata)
Oil for frying the fish (tel)
- Wash the pomfret slices well.
- Marinate fish slices with turmeric powder, red chilly powder, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice and salt.
- Ensure that each slice of fish is coated well with the masalas.
- Keep aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
- You can keep in the refrigerator.
- In a plate, combine rava (semolina) and rice flour together. Coat the marinated fish slices with rava and rice flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the fish pieces on both sides until golden brown on low flame.
- Serve Pomfret fry alongwith onion slices and lemon wedges.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO :
For more pomfret recipes, do check the following: