The benefits of incorporating rajgira (amaranth) in our diet is far too many. Apparently, it is a powerhouse of nutrition, making it worth a place in our diet. Rajgira can be used to make porridge, chikkis, puris, laddoos, parathas etc. Today, I am sharing the recipe of Rajgira Thalipeeth.
¾ cup Rajgira flour (Amaranth flour)
½ cup grated raw potatoes
2 tbsp roasted and crushed peanuts
1 tsp green chilly paste
1 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (optional)
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt as per taste
Oil for cooking thalipeeth
- In a mixing bowl, combine rajgira flour, grated potatoes, roasted, crushed peanuts, green chilly paste, cumin seeds, chopped coriander, lemon juice, salt and mix well using little water. Knead into a soft dough.
- Take a portion of dough and with the help of your palm and fingers, make a small roti.
- Heat a pan. Place the thalipeeth on the pan.
- Drizzle some oil on the edges of the thalipeeth.
- Cook both the sides evenly.
- Alternatively, heat a pan, add ½ tsp oil on the pan.
- Place a portion of the dough on the pan and pat it evenly with greased fingers to form a small circle.
- Cook using oil till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve Rajgira Thalipeeth with curds and green chutney.
Some other fasting recipes are :