Today I am sharing a simple dessert recipe. Rava Kheer is a simple yet delicious dessert which can be made instantly with milk, semolina and dry fruits. This is for one of those sudden cravings for Indian desserts as it can be made in a jiffy. Here goes the recipe for Rava Kheer.
1/2 cup rava (semolina)
2 cups milk
2 tbsp ghee
4 tbsp sugar (or as per taste)
2 tbsp cashews
2 tbsp almonds
1 tbsp raisins
1 tsp cardamom powder
A few strands of saffron
- Soak saffron in one tbsp milk and keep it aside.
- Heat ½ tsp ghee in a pan and roast the cashews and almonds.
- Remove from the pan and keep them aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining ghee.
- Add rava and roast (stirring continuously) for 15 minutes on a low flame.
- Add milk and sugar.
- Keep stirring continuously to prevent lumps.
- Let it cook on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder, raisins, roasted cashews and almonds and mix well.
- Add saffron and stir.
- Serve hot.
- You can even refrigerate it and serve cold.
If you love kheer, do have a look at the following kheer recipes: