Sabudana Kheer is a delicious kheer made with sabudana (sago), milk , flavoured with cardamom, saffron and garnished with dry fruits. This is one of the easiest and quickest desserts to make. This is generally made during fasting periods.
1 cup sabudana (sago)
2 cups milk
½ cup sugar or as per taste
¼ cup chopped nuts (almonds, cashews, pistachios, raisins)
1 tsp ghee
A big pinch of saffron
1 tsp cardamom powder
- Soak sabudana in 2 cups water and keep aside for 2 hours.
- Soak saffron in 1 tsp warm milk and keep it aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and roast the chopped nuts and set it aside.
- Heat the milk in a pan on a medium flame.
- When it starts boiling, add the soaked sabudana and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder, saffron milk and mix well.
- Cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the roasted nuts and mix.
- Sabudana Kheer can be served warm or chilled.