Strawberry shrikhand prepared with fresh strawberries and hung curd is a delicious dessert. This is a must make dessert when strawberries are available in plenty. Here’s the recipe:
2 cups fresh curds
5 to 6 Strawberries
1 to 2 tbsp powdered sugar or as required
(Note: If the strawberries are ripe and sweet, the amount of sugar can be reduced or sugar can even be skipped)
- Place curds in a muslin cloth.
- Tie the cloth and place it on a strainer over a bowl.
- Keep this in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours to avoid the curds going sour. This is done to drain out the whey from the curds.
- Blend the strawberries to a smooth puree.
- Transfer the hung curds to a mixing bowl, add pureed strawberries, powdered sugar and mix well using a whisk or a hand blender.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: