Spicy Tomato rice is a tangy, flavourful rice dish. If you have leftover rice, then you can make this in a jiffy. Addition of carom seeds gives an unique flavour to this preparation. Here’s the recipe:
2 cups cooked rice
2 onions (finely chopped)
1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
1 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp Oil
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander.
Salt as per taste
- Wash the tomatoes and grind to a smooth paste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the carom seeds.
- When the seeds start spluttering add the onions and saute.
- When it turns golden brown, add the tomato paste.
- Let this cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chilly powder, pepper powder and salt. Mix well.
- Now, add the cooked rice and give a nice mix.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander.
- Spicy Tomato rice is ready to be served.
Note: If you like your rice to be spicy, the spice level can be increased by increasing the quantity of red chilly powder and black pepper powder.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO