Sandwiches, whether grilled, toasted or cold, are liked by most people and they seem to be a perfect option when you want to make something quickly. All you need is few slices of bread, and for the filling – the choices are endless. From plain butter, cheese, vegetables, eggs, chicken, you can let your imagination go wild and come up with numerous options. The most loved sandwiches at my place are Boiled egg sandwich and Omelette sandwich. But, for days, when you want to have a vegetarian sandwich, Vegetable Omelette Sandwich is the most preferred one. Tomato omelette is placed between the slices of bread smeared with green chutney and butter. Multi-layered sandwiches can be made by placing tomato omelette in one layer and some vegetables like tomato, cucumber and onion in the other layer. Here’s the recipe for Vegetable Omelette Sandwich:
For tomato omelette
1 cup gram flour (besan)
2 medium sized tomatoes, finely chopped (tamatar)
1 medium sized onion, finely chopped (pyaaz)
2 green chillies finely chopped (hari mirch)
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped (hara dhaniya)
¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
½ tsp red chilly powder (laal mirch)
Salt as per taste (namak)
1 tsp eno fruit salt
Oil to cook the omelette
Few slices of bread
Coriander mint chutney (dhaniya pudina chutney)
tomato slices (tamatar)
cucumber slices (kheera)
onion cut into rings (pyaaz)
- In a large bowl, add besan, chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, salt and mix well.
- Add a cup of water and mix well.
- Ensure that there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Add eno and mix well.
- Heat a pan.
- Pour a ladleful of batter on the pan and spread it in a circular motion.
- Drizzle a tsp of oil around the omelette and allow it to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip the omelette and cook on the other side for few minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cut into 4 pieces.
- For making the sandwiches, take 3 slices of bread.
- Apply green chutney and butter on the bread slices.
- Place 2 pieces of tomato omelette on a slice of bread.
- Cover with a slice of bread.
- Now, again apply butter and green chutney on the bread slice and place tomato slices, cucumber slices and onion rings.
- Sprinkle chaat masala .
- Cover with another slice of bread.
- Cut into triangles and serve Vegetable Omelette Sandwich with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: