Chickpeas salad with yoghurt mint dressing is a delicious blend of flavours. This protein rich salad can be served as a healthy side dish or can also be a meal in itself for weight watchers. This simple and refreshing salad tastes best when served chilled. Here’s the recipe for Chickpeas salad:
½ cup chickpeas (kabuli chana)
¾ cup chopped cucumber (kheera/ kakdi)
10 cherry tomatoes, halved (cherry tamatar)
salt as per taste (namak)
For the Yoghurt mint dressing
1/3 cup thick curds (dahi)
½ cup mint leaves (pudina)
2 cloves garlic, crushed (lehsun)
1 tbsp lemon juice (nimbu ka ras)
1 tsp black pepper powder
- Wash and soak kabuli chanas for 8 hours/ or overnight.
- Drain the water and transfer chanas to a pressure cooker.
- Add salt and water.
- Pressure cook the chanas for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape fully before opening the lid.
- Drain the water and keep chanas aside.
- For the mint dressing, blend together curds, mint leaves, crushed garlic, black pepper powder and lemon juice to a smooth paste. Keep this aside.
- Now, in a mixing bowl, add boiled chickpeas, chopped cucumber, chopped cherry tomatoes and salt.
- Add the yoghurt mint dressing.
- Toss gently using two spoons.
- Refrigerate the chickpeas salad and serve chilled.
- Do not overcook the chanas or the salad with get mushy.
- This salad tastes best when it is chilled.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: