Gobi Matar Sabzi – a simple everyday sabzi made using cauliflower and green peas.
Gobi Matar Sabzi is a wholesome vegetable dish where cauliflower and green peas are cooked with onions, tomatoes and spices. This simple yet flavourful sabzi is a commonly made sabzi in Indian households.
About Gobi Matar Sabzi
Gobi Matar Sabzi is a simple yet flavourful sabzi made with cauliflower and green peas. The ingredients for this sabzi includes cauliflower, cut into florets, fresh green peas, garlic, onion, tomatoes and spices. Onions and tomatoes form the base of the masala imparting a rich taste to the sabzi. Cauliflower and green peas are gently cooked alongwith onions and tomatoes to which chilly powder and pavbhaji masala is added, creating a flavourful spice blend. Another simple cauliflower sabzi is the Aloo Gobi sabzi.
Gobi Matar Sabzi pairs excellently with chapatis/phulkas or as a side-dish with rice and dal.
List of ingredients to make Gobi Matar Sabzi
Veggies : Cauliflower, fresh green peas, onions and tomatoes
Spices : cumin seeds, Green chilly, turmeric powder,Kashmiri red chilly powder and pav bhaji masala.
Other ingredients : Oil, garlic, salt and fresh coriander leaves for garnishing.
Step-wise recipe with pictures
Wash the cauliflower and chop into medium sized florets. Keep aside.Shell the peas. Wash and keep aside. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds.
When the seeds start sizzling, add asafoetida.
Add chopped garlic and saute for few seconds.
Add chopped green chilly and thinly sliced onions.
Saute on low heat till the onions start changing colour.
Add chopped tomatoes . Saute till the tomatoes become soft.
Add cauliflower florets and green peas. Give a quick mix.
Add salt, turmeric powder and mix.
Cover and cook on low heat till the veggies are cooked.
Add Kashmiri chilli powder and pavbhaji masala. Give it a mix. Cover and cook for a minute.
Finally, garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve Cauliflower green peas sabzi with chapatis.
Gobi Matar Sabzi | Cauliflower & Green Peas Sabzi
- 3 cups of cauliflower florets
- 1 cup of fresh green peas
- 2 to 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 green chilly, chopped
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilly powder
- 2 tsp Pav bhaji masala
- salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil ina pan.
- Add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds start sizzling, and asafoetida (hing).
- Next, add chopped garlic. Saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped green chilly and chopped onions. Saute on low heat till the onions start changing colour.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Saute till the tomatoes turn soft.
- Add chopped cauliflower and green peas.
- Add salt and turmeric powder. Give a quick mix.
- Cover and cook till the veggies are almost cooked.
- Add Kashmiri red chilly powder and pav bhaji masala. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for a minute.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
More Everyday Sabzi Recipes
Thank you for stopping by. If you like/ tried this recipe, leaving a comment below the post will enable more readers and cooking enthusiasts to discover these recipes. Also, if you are on Instagram, do share a picture of the dish and tag @vanitascorner to be featured in my stories.
Subscribe to my youtube channel for easy video recipes.