Gavaar Pumpkin Bhaji – a simple yet delicious, Maharshtrian style preparation.
Gavaar Pumpkin Bhaji is a simple Maharahtrian style sabzi made with minimum ingredients.
About Gavaar Pumpkin Bhaji
Gavaar Pumpkin Bhaji as the name suggests stars two main ingredients – gavaar (cluster beans) and pumpkin. One of the defining elements in this sabzi is the use of Goda masala. Goda masala is a fragrant Maharashtrian spice blend which imparts a unique flavour to this sabzi. Gavaar has a slight bitter taste and pumpkin on the other hand is mildly sweet. The distinctive flavour and texture of these two vegetables alongwith goda masala creates a delicious dish which pairs excellently with hot rotis.
Amongst the innumerable sabzis that are prepared, Gavaar Pumpkin sabzi is a lesser known /under-rated dish. If you love exploring new recipes, do try this sabzi and share your feedback in the comments section below.
List of ingredients to make Gavaar Pumpkin Bhaji
Veggies : Cluster beans (Gavaar) and Pumpkin
Spices : carom seeds (ajwain), mustard seeds, turmeric powder, goda masala
Other ingredients : Garlic, oil, salt and jaggery powder
Garnishing : fresh coconut and chopped coriander leaves
Step-wise recipe with pictures
Wash the cluster beans. String and chop them. Keep aside.
Wash the pumpkin. Chop and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan. Add carom seeds and mustard seeds. Add chopped garlic and saute for few seconds.
Add chopped cluster beans and saute for few seconds.
Next, add chopped pumpkin. Add turmeric powder, salt and 2 tbsp of water. Give it a mix.
Cover and cook on low heat, stirring at regular intervals.
Once the veggies are almost cooked, add goda masala and jaggery powder. Add some water if required.
Cover and cook for a minute. Garnish with fresh coconut and coriander leaves. Serve hot with rotis.
Gavaar Pumpkin Bhaji | Gavaar Bhopla Bhaji | Cluster beans & Pumpkin Sabzi
- 250 gms cluster beans (gavaar)
- 250 gms pumpkin
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt as per taste
- 2 tsp goda masala
- 1 tsp jaggery powder
- 2 tbsp fresh coconut, grated
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Wash, string and chop the cluster beans. Keep aside.
- Wash the pumkin and chop. Keep chopped pumpkin aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add carom seeds, mustard seeds and chopped garlic. Saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped cluster beans and saute for few seconds.
- Next, add chopped pumpkin.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and 2 tbsp of water. Give it a mix.
- Cover and cook on low heat, stirring at regular intervals.
- Once the veggies are almost cooked, add goda masala and jaggery powder.
- Add some water if the sabzi looks dry.
- Cover and cook for a minute.
- Finally garnish with fresh, grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot withrotis.
More sabzi recipes
Matar ka Nimona
Vaal Papdi Muthia Sabzi
Padwal Chana Dal Sabzi
Ridge Gourd Stir-fry
Gavaar Potato Sabzi
Cabbage Chana Dal Sabzi
Red Radish Sabzi
Aloo Gobi Sabzi
Kachche Tamatar ki Sabzi
Carrot and Beans Sabzi
Papdi Aloo Sabzi
Dil leaves Potato Sabzi
Thank you for stopping by. If you like/ tried this recipe, leaving a comment below the post will enable more readers and cooking enthusiasts to discover these recipes. Also, if you are on Instagram, do share a picture of the dish and tag @vanitascorner to be featured in my stories.
Subscribe to my youtube channel for easy video recipes.