Hariyali chicken is a chicken curry made with freshly ground green masala. In this recipe, boneless pieces of chicken are cooked in a masala paste made of coriander, mint, green chillies, ginger, garlic and cashews. It goes well with rotis, phulkas and rice.
400 grams boneless chicken
1 cup fresh coriander leaves
1 cup fresh mint leaves
4 green chillies
5 to 6 cloves of garlic
1 ½ inches of ginger
8 to 9 cashews
1 tbsp oil
3 onions, finely chopped
2 tsp garam masala
1 cup beaten curds
Salt as per taste
- Blend fresh coriander, fresh mint, green chillies, ginger, garlic, green chillies, cashews to a fine paste. Keep this aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onion.
- Saute till they turn translucent and are cooked well.
- When the onions are cooked well, add the green masala paste and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the boneless chicken pieces and mix well.
- Add garam masala and salt.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add the beaten curds and mix.
- Cook covered for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve Hariyali Chicken with rotis, phulkas or rice.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO
Also, do have a look at the following chicken recipes: