Tomato Saar is a traditional Mangalorean speciality. It is a simple “no frills” dish which goes well with rice, lemon pickle/ mango pickle and papad. Non vegetarians can go for rice, tomato saar and chicken sukka combination.
4 Tomatoes (chopped)
1 Onion (chopped)
2 Green chillies
10 to 12 Curry leaves
½ inch Ginger
4 to 5 cloves.Garlic
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Turmeric powder
Salt as per taste
2 tsp Oil
1 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
- Heat a pan. Add 2 tsp oil.
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chillies and saute.
- Add chopped garlic and ginger and saute.
- Add chopped onion, chopped tomatoes and saute.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and 2 cups of water.
- Cover the lid and cook it for 15 minutes.
- Open the lid and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice, pickle and papad.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO