Peanut Chaat – a quick, healthy snack that pairs well with a hot cup of tea or as an appetizer before meals.
If you are looking for a healthy snack for your untimely cravings, then peanut chaat is an excellent option. This can be rustled up in no time. All you need is boiled peanuts and some basic ingredients easily available in every kitchen.
So here is how I made this peanut chaat.
½ cup peanuts (mungphali)
1 small onion, chopped (pyaaz)
1 tomato, finely chopped (tamatar)
¼ cup chopped raw mango (kachchi Kairi)
2 green chillies, finely chopped (hari mirch)
1 tbsp lemon juice (nimbu ka ras)
salt as per taste (namak)
½ cup coriander leaves, chopped (hara dhaniya)
1 tsp chaat masala
- Wash and soak peanuts in water for 3 hours.
- Drain the water and transfer peanuts to a pressure cooker.
- Add around 1 ½ cups of water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Open the pressure cooker after the steam escapes completely.
- Transfer boiled peanuts to a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped onion, chopped tomato, chopped raw mango, chopped green chillies, lemon juice, salt, chopped coriander leaves and chaat masala.
- Mix well.
- Peanut Chaat is ready to be served.
Variation: You can also add chopped cucumber, grated carrot and pomegranate to this chaat.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: