Sprouted Moong and Potato Sabzi is a simple, nutritious and tasty sabzi which can be served with rotis or as a side dish with dal and rice.
In the current scenario, when we have limited access to vegetables and other essentials, it is best to make do with the ingredients readily available at home. So, here is a simple sabzi prepared with sprouted moong and potato which is easy to prepare and tastes great too. Here goes the recipe:
3 cups sprouted green gram ( moong)
1 medium sized potato,cubed (aloo)
1 medium sized onion, finely chopped (pyaaz)
1 tomato, finely chopped (tamatar)
3 to 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped (lehsun)
½ tsp of of asafoetida (hing)
Few curry leaves (kadi patta)
½ tsp mustard seeds (rai / sarso)
½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp red chilly powder (laal mirch)
1 tsp cumin coriander powder (hara dhaniya)
½ tsp garam masala
1 tsp Oil (tel)
Salt as per taste (namak)
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds .
- When the seeds start spluttering, add asafoetida, curry leaves and chopped garlic.
- Saute for few seconds.
- Now, add the chopped onions and saute for few seconds.
- Now, add chopped tomatoes and potato cubes. Saute for a minute.
- Add sprouted moong and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
- Add ¼ cup of water.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once the moong and potatoes are cooked, add red chilly powder, cumin coriander powder and garam masala. Mix it well.
- Cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve Sprouted Moong and potato sabzi with chapatis or as a side dish with dal and rice.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: