Stuffed green chillies are made in variety of ways using different kinds of stuffing. Here, I have stuffed Bhavnagri Chillies with roasted gramflour and spices. These stuffed chillies make a good accompaniment with dal rice or kadhi chawal. Take a look at the recipe.
10 to 12 green chillies / bhavnagri chillies
For the stuffing
1 cup gram flour (besan)
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp red chilly powder
1 tsp cumin coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp raw mango powder (amchoor)
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp sesame seeds (til)
1 tbsp oil
Salt as per taste
3 tbsp oil for cooking the chillies
- Wash the chillies and slit them lengthwise keeping the stems intact.
- Deseed the chillies and keep aside.
- Heat a pan. Dry roast the besan (gram flour) till they turn brownish and aromatic.
- Transfer the roasted besan to a mixing bowl.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, cumin-coriander powder, garam masala, ginger-garlic paste, amchoor, salt, 1 tbsp oil and mix.
- Add a little water and mix everything together.
- Fill each chilly with a portion of the stuffing.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and place all the stuffed chillies one by one on the pan.
- Cook covered for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Turn the chillies and allow them to cook (covered) on the other side for 5 to 10 minutes or till the chillies are cooked from all sides.
- Serve stuffed green chillies with dal rice.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO