Dahi Chana Chaat is a delicious chaat made with chickpeas and potatoes topped with curds, green chutney and sweet tamarind chutney. I understand that this is the most regularly made dish by the Muslim community during Ramzan. As we are in the month of Ramzan, I thought of sharing this recipe today. Here goes the recipe for this mouthwatering chaat.
For the masala channa
1 cup kabuli chana (chickpeas)
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp cumin coriander powder
1 tbsp gram flour (besan)
1 small onion, chopped
1 small tomato, chopped
Salt as per taste
1 small potato, boiled and cut into small pieces
1 tsp chaat masala
2 tbsp green chutney
2 tbsp sweet tamarind chutney
6 to 7 tbsp curds, whisked well
5 to 6 papdis (flat crisp puris), broken into small pieces
4 tbsp sev
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
1 tsp chopped onion
1 tsp chopped tomato
- Soak 1 cup kabuli chana (chickpeas) for 5 hours.
- Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles. Keep aside.
- Dissolve 1 tbsp gram flour in ¼ cup water and keep aside.
- Heat a pan. Add a cup of water.
- When the water begins to boil, add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, cumin-coriander powder, besan mixture and mix well.
- Allow this to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add the boiled chana and salt and mix.
- The chana should be coated well with the masala.
- Add chopped onion and tomato and mix.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- To assemble the chaat, take a bowl or a serving plate.
- Add the masala chanas.
- Add the boiled potato cubes.
- Sprinkle chaat masala.
- Drizzle green chutney and tamarind chutney over it.
- Drizzle the whisked curds.
- Add the broken papdi pieces and sev.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander, chopped onion and chopped tomato.
- Serve immediately.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO