Dry fruit Kesar Shrikhand is a Maharashtrian dessert made with hung curd, powdered sugar flavoured with nuts, saffron and cardamom. For Maharashtrians, it is a must have dessert for most of the festivals. Now, make this yummy dessert at home and serve with hot puris. Here goes the recipe:
500 grams Fresh Curds
1/2 cup Powdered sugar
2 tbsp Chopped Pistachio
2 tbsp Chopped Almonds
1 tbsp Raisins (optional)
1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
a big pinch Saffron (Kesar)
1 tbsp Warm milk
- Place curds in a muslin cloth and hang it overnight or for 6-7 hours to drain out the whey from the curds.
- Place it inside the refrigerator to avoid the curds going sour.
- Soak saffron in warm milk. Keep this aside.
- Transfer the hung curds to a mixing bowl, add powdered sugar and mix well until the sugar dissolves using a whisk or a hand blender.
- Now add the saffron soaked in milk and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Finally add the chopped dryfruits (almonds, pistachios and raisins) and mix well.
- Refrigerate and serve dry fruits kesar shrikhand with puris.
Do have a look at the following shrikhand recipes