Its festival time. Dassera is just over and Diwali is knocking at the door. Festival means celebration and celebrations are incomplete without food, specially desserts/sweets. Nothing screams celebration as much as desserts do. Today I am sharing the recipe of Honey nuts Shrikhand. This Shrikhand is made using dried rose petals, nuts and honey which means it’s a sugar free indulgence. This Shrikhand, when served in mini bowls/shot glasses topped with nuts and rose petals is a visual delight. If you are planning a Diwali party, do try this recipe and earn praises from your guests. Here’s the recipe:
2 cups fresh curds
½ cup dried rose petals
½ cup nuts (almonds + pistachios)
2 to 3 tbsp honey
½ tsp cardamom powder
Almond, pista slivers and dried rose petals for garnishing
- Place curds in a muslin cloth and hang it overnight or for 6-7 hours to drain out the whey from the curds.
- Place it inside the refrigerator to avoid the curds going sour.
- Blend dried rose petals and nuts to a coarse powder.
- Transfer the hung curds to a mixing bowl, add rose petals + nuts powder, honey, cardamom powder and blend using a hand blender.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled garnished with dried rose petals and almond pista slivers
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO
Other Shrikhand recipes : Dry fruit Shrikhand, Mango Shrikhand, Strawberry Shrikhand