Khatta Meetha Jamun Juice – a refreshing drink made using jamuns (black plums).
Apart from mangoes, Mother Nature offers us various summers treats like tadgolas, karvanda, bel, jamun etc. These seasonal fruits boosts our immunity and helps to overcome imbalances which comes with change of weather. So, we must include these fruits in our summer diet, either by consuming the fruits or by using them to make summer delights. One such seasonal delight is Bel Sharbat made from bel fruit, which is an excellent coolant
Jamuns are known to be rich in iron, calcium , Vitamin C and beneficial to diabetics. Jamuns can be eaten as it is, or can be made into jams, juices etc. Khatta Meetha Jamun juice is made by blending deseeded jamuns with sugar among other ingredients. Lets take a look at the recipe:
250 grams black plums (jamun)
2 to 3 tsp powdered sugar (pisi hui cheeni)
1 tbsp roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
1 tsp black salt (kaala namak)
2 tbsp lemon juice (nimbu ka ras)
5 to 6 ice cubes
- Wash the jamuns and deseed them.
- Transfer the deseeded jamun to a blender jar.
- Add powdered sugar, roasted cumin powder, black salt, lemon juice and blend for few seconds.
- Now add a cup of water and blend to a smooth mixture.
- Finally, add the ice cubes and run the blender for few seconds.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO:
Looking for more summer coolers? Have a look at the following. Click on the name of the dish to read the recipe.
Watermelon Mint Cooler, Lemongrass Cooler, Mango Lassi, Ginger Lemon Cooler, Pudina Jaljeera