Pudina Jaljeera – a refreshing summer cooler made with all natural ingredients.
Summer has set in and so has the craving for summer coolers. Here’s a refreshing drink to keep you hydrated through hot summers – Pudina Jaljeera. Pudina Jaljeera is a much loved summer drink and is also a great digestive. It is a concoction of mint leaves, coriander leaves, cumin seeds, ginger among other ingredients.
List of Ingredients to make Pudina Jaljeera
Herbs : Mint leaves , coriander leaves and ginger
Spices : black pepper, roasted cumin seeds, asafoetida (hing),
Flavouring ingredients : salt, black salt, tamarind, jaggery, lemon juice and salt
Other ingredients : boondi (fried gram balls) and water
Step-wise recipe with pictures
Soak tamarind in water for 15 minutes. In a mixer jar, add mint leaves and coriander leaves.
Next, add soaked tamarind, ginger, black pepper, roasted cumin seeds, asafoetida, jaggery, black salt, salt, around 2 tbsp water and blend to a fine paste.
Transfer the ground paste to a big mixing bowl.
To the paste, add 4 cups of chilled water. Add lemon juice and mix.
Pour into glasses. Top it up with boondis (fried gram balls) and serve.
- 1 cup mint leaves (pudina)
- 1 cup coriander leaves (hara dhaniya)
- A lemon sized ball of tamarind (imli), soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp ginger cut into small pieces (adrak)
- ½ tsp black pepper (kali mirch)
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin seeds (jeera)
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tsp jaggery, cut into small pieces (gud)
- ½ tsp black salt (kala namak)
- Salt as per taste (namak)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (nimbu ka ras)
- ½ cup of fried gram balls (boondi)
- 4 cups of water (paani)
- Into a mixer jar, add mint leaves, coriander leaves, soaked tamarind, chopped ginger, black pepper, roasted cumin seeds, asafoetida, jaggery, black salt, salt, around 2 tsp of water and blend to a fine paste.
- Transfer the ground paste to a big mixing bowl.To the paste, add 4 cups of chilled water.
- Add lemon juice and mix.
- Pour into glasses.
- Top it up with boondis and serve.
More Summer Coolers
Ginger Lemon Cooler
Watermelon Mint Cooler
Tender Coconut Rose Cooler
3 flavours of buttermilk
Thank you for stopping by. If you like/ tried this recipe, leaving a comment below the post will enable more readers and cooking enthusiasts to discover these recipes. Also, if you are on Instagram, do share a picture of the dish and tag @vanitascorner to be featured in my stories.
Do follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.