It’s summer time and the temperature has started soaring high. To beat the summer heat, here’s an excellent coolant made with lemongrass and lemon juice. Lemongrass is a herb which is known for its medicinal properties. It can be made into tea and is known to boost immunity. It has a distinct lemony fragrance and taste. Lemongrass cooler makes for a great coolant for hot summers. Let’s see how to make this cooling drink.
10 stalks of lemongrass
3 to 4 tbsp lemon juice
4 to 5 tbsp sugar
3 cups of water
few lemon slices
- Wash the lemon grass and chop them into small pieces.
- Into a blender jar, add the chopped lemongrass, sugar, ¼ cup water and blend.
- After it blends well, squeeze lemon juice into the jar, add water and run the blender again for few seconds.
- Strain the mixture.
- Pour into serving glasses.
- Top it with ice cubes, lemon slices and serve.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO :
Looking for more summer coolers, do have a look at the following recipes. Click on the name of the drink to read the recipe.