Papad sabzi is a traditional dish from Rajasthan. It is made with papad as the main ingredient. This recipe is very easy and quick to put together and tastes delicious. There are two ways of making this sabzi. It can be made by adding fried papad to the tomato gravy. Alternately raw papad pieces are added to the gravy and is allowed to cook. Today I am sharing the second method of making this sabzi. Serve papad sabzi with plain roti, missi roti, bajra roti, ajwain paratha or rice.
10 Papad (Moong or Udad Papad)
2 medium Onions, chopped (pyaz)
2 Tomatoes (tamatar)
1 cup Fresh curds (dahi)
1 tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
½ tsp Fenugreek seeds (methi)
¼ tsp Asafoetida (hing)
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste (adrak lehsun paste)
1 tsp Cumin coriander pdr (dhaniya jeera powder)
½ tsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tbsp red Chilly powder (laal mirch powder)
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
1 tsp Oil
Salt as per taste
- Chop and grind the tomaotes into a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Whisk the curds and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil and add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida.
- Add chopped onions and saute it till the onions become soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste.
- Add the tomato puree and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Then add the turmeric powder, red chilly powder, cumin coriander powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Add the whisked curds and salt and mix well.
- Break the papad into pieces and add it to the gravy.
- Mix it and cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once the gravy is done, garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it with rotis or paratha.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO