Set dosa – small, soft, porous dosas which is served in a set of three or four.
Set dosas are popular Karnataka style dosas which are soft, porous in texture and is served in a set of three or four. It is generally served with sagu, a vegetable curry. It pairs well even with chutneys, potato bhaji and non-vegetarian curries.
If you love dosas and like to try different variety of dosas, here is a collection of dosas to choose from. The recipe for Set dosa is as under:
1 cup split black gram (udad dal)
3 cups dosa rice (chawal)
3 tbsp flattened rice (poha)
1 tbsp fenugreek seeds (methi)
salt as per taste (namak)
Clarified butter (ghee) for cooking dosas
- Wash and soak udad dal in water for 5 hours.
- Wash and soak rice in water for 5 hours.
- Wash and soak methi seeds in water for 5 hours.
- Soak poha in water for 15 minutes before grinding.
- Grind udad dal to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Grind rice, poha and methi seeds to a fine paste and keep aside.
- In a deep vessel, combine udad dal paste and rice paste.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Add water if required to get the desired consistency.
- The batter should not be very thick or very watery.
- Cover and keep aside for 8 hours for fermentation.
- After 8 hours, the batter would be fermented.
- If the batter is very thick, you can add some water and mix to get the required consistency.
- Heat a pan.
- Pour a small quanity of batter on the hot pan and spread to make a small sized dosa.
- Drizzle some ghee around the dosa.
- Flip the dosa and cook on the other side.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan .
- Make dosas with the remaining batter.
- Serve in a set of three or four with coconut chutney or sambar or vegetable curry.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: