The days when you want to resort to some quick recipes and yet want to put together a tasty delicious meal, Surmai fry with simple dal rice is the answer. Surmai (Seer fish) is a fleshy fish with minimal bones. Surmai basically does not have a taste of its own but readily absorbs the flavour of the spices it is marinated in. The marinade that you use takes the taste of the surmai to a different level altogether.
6 Slices of Surmai (Seer fish)
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp red chilly powder
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
Salt as per taste
3 tbsp rava (semolina)
1 tbsp rice flour
Oil for frying the fish
- Marinate fish slices with turmeric powder, red chilly powder, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice and salt.
- Ensure that each slice of fish is coated well with the masalas.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes.You can keep in the refrigerator.
- In a mixing bowl, combine rava (semolina) and rice flour together.
- Coat the marinated fish slices with rava and rice flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan. Shallow fry the fish from both sides until golden brown on medium heat. Serve Surmai fry with onion slices and lemon wedges .
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO
Some other fish recipes are: