Parathas are a very common and favourite food in my house. I like to experiment with various paratha stuffings. Some of the paratha recipes on this blog are Paneer Paratha, Gobi Paratha, Paneer green peas paratha, Methi paneer parathas, Achari aloo paratha, Ajwain Parathas, Moong Palak Paratha, Oats Palak Paratha etc. Corn Cheese Paratha is a paratha stuffed with a mixture of boiled sweet corn and grated cheese. It can make an ideal tiffin snack for kids. Here goes the recipe for Corn Cheese Paratha.
1 cup Whole wheat flour
1 tsp oil
1 cub boiled sweet corn
½ cup processed cheese (grated)
2 tsp black pepper powder
Salt as per taste
Ghee/Oil for cooking parathas
- In a mixing bowl, add the wheat flour.
- Add enough water and knead to a smooth dough, using 1 tsp oil.
- To prepare the corn cheese stuffing, take 3/4th cup of boiled corn and blend it to a coarse, rough paste.
- In a bowl, combine the ground corn, 1/4th cup of boiled corn, grated cheese, black pepper powder, salt and mix well.
- Heat a tava or a non-stick pan. While the tava is getting hot, make small to medium balls of the dough.
- Sprinkle some wheat flour on the dough ball and roll into round rotis.
- Place the roti on the hot tava.
- When it is partially cooked, turn the roti and cook on the other side.
- This need not be fully cooked.
- Likewise, repeat the same with the remaining dough and make rotis.
- Now spread the corn cheese stuffing on one roti.
- Cover it with another cooked roti.
- Press the edges of the roti gently so that the edges are sealed.
- Heat a pan and spread little ghee or oil and cook the paratha on medium heat.
- While cooking the parathas, press them with the spatula near the edges.
- Cook till they become crisp from both sides.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: