Corn Cheese Paratha is a tasty paratha which the kids will definitely love. It can make an ideal tiffin snack for kids. Here goes the recipe.
1 cup Whole wheat flour
1 tsp oil
1 cub boiled sweet corn
½ cup processed cheese (grated)
2 tsp black pepper powder
Salt as per taste
Ghee/Oil for cooking parathas
- In a mixing bowl, add the wheat flour.
- Add enough water and knead to a smooth dough, using 1 tsp oil.
- To prepare the corn cheese stuffing, take 3/4th cup of boiled corn and blend it to a coarse, rough paste.
- In a bowl, combine the ground corn, 1/4th cup of boiled corn, grated cheese, black pepper powder, salt and mix well.
- Heat a tava or a non-stick pan. While the tava is getting hot, make small to medium balls of the dough.
- Sprinkle some wheat flour on the dough ball and roll into round rotis.
- Place the roti on the hot tava.
- When it is partially cooked, turn the roti and cook on the other side.
- This need not be fully cooked.
- Likewise, repeat the same with the remaining dough and make rotis.
- Now spread the corn cheese stuffing on one roti.
- Cover it with another cooked roti.
- Press the edges of the roti gently so that the edges are sealed.
- Heat a pan and spread little ghee or oil and cook the paratha on medium heat.
- While cooking the parathas, press them with the spatula near the edges.
- Cook till they become crisp from both sides.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: