Summers are synonymous with ice-creams, ice popsicles, fruit juices, kulfis, chilled milkshakes etc. Frozen desserts are perfect for hot summers and ice-cream is one of the best frozen desserts. In summers, mango ice-cream has to be the most preferred flavour. So, here’s an easy recipe of mango ice-cream which is made using only three ingredients. This summer, instead of having store bought ice-creams, why not make mango ice-cream at home? When you make this ice-cream at home, you are free to customise it as per your liking. Alongwith the mango puree, I have added tiny bits of mango pieces to the ice-cream which enhances the flavour of the ice-cream. Lets have a look at the recipe:
200 ml Amul whipping cream
200 gms milkmaid condensed milk
2 Alphonso mangoes for making mango puree
1 Alphonso mango, peeled and finely chopped
- Peel two mangoes and chop them.
- Discard the seeds.
- Blend the chopped mangoes without adding any water.
- Keep the mango puree aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the whipping cream.
- Using a hand blender, beat the cream.
- Beat the whipping cream for 5 to 7 minutes until the cream becomes fluffy and soft peaks are formed.
- To this whipped cream, add condensed milk and the mango puree.
- With the help of a spatula, mix all the ingredients gently.
- Add 3/4th portion of the chopped mangoes and mix with the spatula.
- Now, pour this mixture into a wide container.
- Garnish with the remaining mango pieces.
- Cover with an aluminium foil and close the lid.
- Refrigerate for 5 to 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, mango ice-cream will be ready to be served.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO:
Looking for more mango desserts, do check the following links: