Moong Dal Barfi is a simple sweet/dessert which can be made for festive occasions. Made with green gram flour (moong dal aata), milk powder and dry fruits, this is quite a healthy treat. Other simple mithai recipes on this blog are rava burfi, churma laddoo, gud papdi, besan laddoo, coconut burfi etc. Now, let us have a look at the recipe of Moong Dal Barfi:
1 cup Split green gram flour (Moong dal Atta)
¾ cup clarified butter (ghee)
½ cup milk powder
½ cup powdered sugar (cheeni)
18 to 20 almonds (badaam)
10 cashew nuts (kaju)
18 to 20 pistachios (pista)
1 tsp cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
¼ cup chopped almonds & pistachios
- Blend almonds, cashews and pistachios to a fine powder and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and add ghee.
- Add moong dal flour and roast on a low flame till it turns aromatic and changes colour.
- Add the dryfruit powder, mix well and roast for another 5 minutes.
- Add milk powder and mix well.
- Now, add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and mix.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased tray or a tray with butter paper.
- Spread the mixture evenly.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts and press with a spatula.
- Let it set for 3 to 4 hours.
- Once it is set, cut into desired shapes.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO