Paan Coconut Laddoo – a delicious laddoo made using paan ( betel leaves ) and coconut with gulkand (rose petals jam) stuffing.
Festive season is already here and festivals are incomplete without homemade sweets. Here is a delicious laddoo which can be made at home easily. Paan coconut laddoos are made using paan (betel leaves), coconut and condensed milk with a stuffing of gulkand.
We are in the midst of Navratri, a nine day festival dedicated to Goddess Durga. Each day of Navratri has a dedicated colour and significance attached to it. For the second day of Navratri, the colour was green. I prepared these green paan laddoos as offering to Goddess Durga.
1 cup dessicated coconut
1/2 cup condensed milk
4 betel leaves/paan
4 to 5 tsp gulkand (rose petals jam)
1 tsp ghee
green food colour (optional)
2 to 3 tbsp dessicated coconut to coat the laddoos
- Blend paan leaves and condensed milk to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add dessicated coconut.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add paan and condensed milk paste. Mix well.
- Add green food colour and mix well.
- Keep stirring until the mixture leaves sides of the pan.
- Turn off the heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Take a small portion of this mixture and flatten it.
- Place 1/2 tsp gulkand in the centre.
- Bring the edges together and shape into a laddoo.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Roll the laddoos in dessicated coconut.
- Keep these laddoos refrigerated and serve as and when required.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: