Tawa Pulao is a popular street food of Mumbai. As the name suggests, it is made on a tava or a skillet. Cooked rice is tossed with boiled vegetables and spices. Pav bhaji masala is an important ingredient of this dish. Let’s have a look at the recipe.
2 cups cooked rice
½ cup green peas, boiled
½ cup chopped carrots, boiled
½ cup chopped potatoes, boiled
2 tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
¼ cup green capsicum, chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp red chilly powder
1 tsp cumin-coriander powder
2 tbsp pav bhaji masala
1 tsp garam masala
Salt as per taste
1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat a pan and add butter.
- When the butter starts melting, add chopped onions.
- Saute till it becomes golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix.
- Let it cook till the tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- Add the chopped capsicum and mix.
- Allow it to cook for 2 minutes.
- Now, add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, cumin-coriander powder, garam masala, pav bhaji masala, salt and mix well.
- Add a little water and allow the masalas to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add boiled vegetables (green peas, carrot and potato) and mix.
- Now, add the cooked rice and gently mix so that the rice is coated well with the masalas.
- Squeeze half a lemon and give a gentle mix.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with raita.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO