Coconut Raw Mango Chaas – Vegan buttermilk made of coconut milk and raw mango.
Buttermilk /Chaas/ Chaach is one of the healthiest drink and is commonly made in most Indian household. It is known to improve digestion and keep the body cool. Traditionally, buttermilk is made using curds. However, for people following vegan diet or those who are lactose intolerant, there are plant based milk alternatives such as coconut milk, almond milk, cashew milk, soya milk and so on.
Coconut Raw Mango Chaas is one such alternative. This Chaas made with coconut milk, raw mango and mint leaves turns out absolutely delicious and will leave you asking for more.
What is Chaas
Chaas/ Chaach/buttermilk is a refreshing, savoury drink, perfect for summers. It is made with curds, water, salt and spices. The basic version of chaas is made with curds, water and salt. However you can make different varieties of chaas by adding various spices and herbs. You can find the recipe for plain chaas, masala chaas and pudina chaas here. Chaas /buttermilk helps in digestion and to keep the body hydrated in summers.
For people who follow vegan diet or those who are lactose intolerant, there are non-dairy milk alternative to make chaas. They can use non-dairy curds to make chaas. One of the vegan buttermilk option is coconut raw mango chaas
About Coconut Raw Mango Chaas
Coconut Raw Mango chaas is a vegan substitute to the regular chaas. It is made with coconut milk and raw mango. This makes for a perfect summer drink for vegans.
List of ingredients to make Vegan Chaas
Coconut and raw mango are the main ingredients
Other ingredients : mint leaves, rock salt and roasted cumin powder
Step-wise recipe with pictures
Blend coconut with water to a smooth paste.
Strain this paste and collect coconut milk in a bowl.
After extracting coconut milk, transfer the coconut residue to the mixer jar. Add water and blend again.
Strain the mixture to collect the second extract of coconut milk.
Keep coconut milk aside.
Wash and peel raw mango.
Chop the mango.
Blend 1/3 cup of raw mango alongwith mint leaves, rock salt and raosted cumin powder to a smooth paste.
Add this paste to the coconut milk. Add water and mix well using a whisk or a hand blender.
Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Coconut Raw Mango Chaas | Vegan Chaas
- 1 ½ cup coconut, chopped (nariyal)
- 1/3 cup chopped raw mango (kachchi kairi
- ¼ cup mint leaves (pudina)
- rock salt as per taste (kaala namak)
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- Firstly blend coconut with 1 cup of water to a fine paste.
- Strain this paste and collect the coconut milk in a bowl. This is the first extract of coconut milk.
- After extracting the coconut milk, transfer coconut residue to the mixer jar and add 1 cup of water. Blend again.
- Strain this mixture to collect the second extract of coconut milk.Keep the coconut milk aside.
- Now, blend chopped mango, mint leaves, rock salt and roasted cumin powder with little water to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to the coconut milk.
- Add around ¼ cup of water.
- Mix well using a whisk or a hand blender.
- Coconut raw mango chaas is ready to be served.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Summer Cooler Recipes
Thank you for stopping by. If you like/ tried this recipe, leaving a comment below the post will enable more readers and cooking enthusiasts to discover these recipes. Also, if you are on Instagram, do share a picture of the dish and tag @vanitascorner to be featured in my stories.
Do follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.