Methi Paneer Parathas – Nutritious parathas packed with all the components of a balance diet – Carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals and fats.
Methi thepla is a popular Gujarati dish made with wheat flour, fenugreek leaves (methi) and spices. Theplas are soft flatbread which pairs well with curds, pickle, or any curry for that matter. These are easy and quick to make. It is an all time favourite in my house. When I am too lazy to cook, I make methi theplas and serve it with curds and pickles. My kids just love methi theplas and so they have it without creating any fuss. Today, I had some paneer in the refrigerator. So, I thought of adding the paneer to my methi theplas. Addition of paneer to the theplas increases its nutrition content and makes it more tasty.
Methi paneer parathas make for a good breakfast dish, fantastic lunch option when paired with sabut masoor usal, paneer makhanwala or any vegetarian/non-vegetarian curry. It is a good option for kids tiffin box too. The recipe for making methi paneer parathas is very simple. We just have to knead wheat flour, chopped methi leaves, grated paneer and spices to a smooth dough. I have added curds while kneading the dough which is completely optional. Addition of paneer and curds make these parathas very soft.
The recipe for methi paneer parathas is as under:9999
2 cups Methi leaves/fenugreek leaves
2 cups Whole wheat flour
¾ cup Grated paneer
1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
1 tsp Red chili powder
½ tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Cumin Coriander powder
Salt as required
Oil 1 tsp
Yoghurt 4 to 5 tbsp (optional)
Oil or ghee for cooking parathas, as required
- Wash the methi leaves thoroughly, drain the water and chop finely.
- In a mixing bowl, take whole wheat flour, chopped methi leaves, grated paneer, ginger garlic paste, yoghurt, salt and all the spices mentioned above.
- Mix it well and adding enough water, knead into a smooth dough.
- Make medium sized balls from the dough.
- Take a medium sized ball and roll into a paratha with the rolling pin.
- On a hot pan/ tawa, place the paratha.
- Spread some ghee/oil on the sides of the paratha.
- Flip it a couple of times till it gets cooked evenly.
- Serve methi paneer paratha with plain yogurt or pickle.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: